Thursday, April 26, 2007

why LOVE?

Bored, exhausted, and burned out. It's one of the normal phases we Christians usually face. This happen usually when we are living in a routine, had no faith and hope, never help others, does not serve God, and thus lost our excitement and became burned out. Maybe those are the usual situation.
But what if it tell you that: You may have done everything, but still get burned out?

These verses in Corinthians may not be the 'favourite' phrases for most Christians, neither it became a 'favourite' topic about love. But what I found out recently about these verses, is that they were very core and it reflects clearly the life of people in these super-busy world time.
"THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,but have not love, it profits me nothing."

(1 Corinthians 13:1-3)
Amazing isn't it? Everything became NOTHING when you have not LOVE in you!
So let's look deep into ourselves. Maybe we've cared for others, helped others, served God every week, maybe even sacrificed the whole thing just to be a blessing. Yes, you will see other people blessed, smile on their face and all..
But can you see the smile in yourself?
Or, maybe you had faith. You prayed and miracles happen, you gave phrophecy, you lead worship or shared a word of God and everyone around you were always blessed. Or hope.. you are a powerful leader, influenced other people, and never giving up in any situation.
But do you feel the blessing yourself?
Trust me, if you've already searched your heart and understand these verses, it will all became clear that everyone needs love! That is why in 1 Corinthians 13:13 it says:
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE."
I hope you'd understand, 'why LOVE?'
God Bless,
Site Manager.